It could be a ‘black’ Christmas for some as Audi introduces limited volumes of the Black Edition for the A4 and S4 sedan ranges – and just 100 will be imported.
On the A4, the Black Edition package can be selected for the 35 TFSI, 35 TDI and 40 TFSI models, while it’s also an option on the S4 TFSI.
A4 Black Edition models get:
- Black Styling Package, including black badging
- S line exterior and interior package
- Nappa leather with S embossing
- Matrix LED headlights
- Privacy glass
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Glass sunroof
- Storage and luggage compartment package
- Technology package, including MMI navigation and Audi Connect
- Three-zone comfort automatic air-conditioning
- Electrically adjustable front seats
- Audi virtual cockpit plus
- Rear-view camera
- Audi phone box inductive charging
The S4 Black Edition, meanwhile, includes the following elements aside from many of the features above:
- Bang & Olufsen Premium sound system with 3D sound
- Sport seats Plus, including electric adjustment and diamond quilting
- Carbon boot spoiler
- Pneumatically adjustable lumbar support with massage function for front seats
- Seat heating
In 2024, Audi South Africa will extend the Black Edition treatment to the Q2, A3 and S3, A5 and S5, Q3 SUV and Sportback, plus the Q5 SUV and Sportback. These will be rolled out progressively throughout the year.
Additionally next year, the brand will add the option of an Urban Edition to the A3 Sportback 35 TFSI, as well as the Q2 35 TFSI, providing a different offer to the Black Edition.
Audi A4 35 TFSI S tronic Black Edition: R900 000
Audi A4 35 TDI S tronic Black Edition: R946 800
Audi A4 40 TFSI S tronic Black Edition: R952 400
Audi S4 TFSI quattro tiptronic Black Edition: R1 274 900
The pricing above includes a 5-year/100,000 km Audi Freeway Plan service and maintenance plan.
Colin Windell – proudly ALL THINGS MOTORING